ABOUT LAFASE® HE GRAND CRU
Ideal Use: A purified granular pectolytic enzyme for maceration, For ageworthy red wines
- Specific for traditional macerations (with or without pre-fermentation maceration) for producing structured wines designed for ageing, rich in colouring matter and elegant tannins.
- Encourages gentle extraction of more stable phenolic compounds (more polymerised anthocyanins and tannins) and increases ageing potential.
- Optimises wine clarification.
- Specifically extracts lower size polysaccharides (Rhamnogalacturonan, RGII) and less of larger size
- polysacchardes (PRAG). This reduction in the molecular size facilitates the free-run juice extraction and the wine clarification. RGII also participate in the wine stabilisation and improve the perception of mouthfeel and of lower astringency.
- Optimises free run wine yield.
- Dosage: 3 – 5 g/100 kg of grapes.