Open Grape – New Crushing System
- The Open Grape crushing system is designed to release the contents of the berry by turning the skin inside out.
- Equipped with new cylindrical rollers coated by a special food-grade rubber.
- The profile of the rollers’ gripped surface allows the crusher to gently expose the inside of the berries without damaging it’s seeds.
- The Open Grape crushing system improves the pressing performances with fresh grapes allowing higher yields at lower pressures and greater loading capacity into the press.
- The Open Grape crushing system increases extraction of skin compounds during fermentation and maceration.
- Completely interchangeable with the traditional crushing unit installed in Kappa 15-25-50, allowing existing machines to be retrofitted.
- Available either integrated into the Kappa destemmer-crusher or as an independent crushing unit.