ABOUT FERMOL SUPER 16
- Selected for AEB by Pascal Biotech® in collaboration with the microbiology department at Reims University, Champagne-Ardenne (France). Ideal for Zinfandel production. It has been isolated from grapes picked in the island of Samos (Greece).
- The island is a historic producer of wines coming from extremely mature grapes often dried in a “passito” style.
- The Yeast is adapted to tough osmotic conditions and is ideal for batches made with high percentages of raisins and over ripe grapes. It’s a producer of Cellulase enzyme and will give high extraction when fermented on the skins.
- Is a very versatile Yeast, effective both in whites and reds. It performs at very high temperatures and high alcohol (34°C, 94°F and 18% alcohol).
- The cells flocculate very well and the wine is easy to filter just a few days after the end of the fermentation.
- The nutrient requirement is medium-low and it doesn’t produce significant amounts of SO2.
- 10-30 g/100kg crushed grapes